segunda-feira, 22 de setembro de 2008

Good Run


Capilha - 19.09.08 - by Ms Harkins

I went for a good run this afternoon. 56min of relaxing and enjoying the sunny afternoon. As soon as I reached Val Porto's perimetral the wind could be felt against my course (that street is on the very first mile). That was good because it meant the way back would be fun and easier. Of course the first 4Km were a struggle, but Granel Química (the turning point) was just 4-5Km ahead, right on the curve after the bridge...

There was heavy traffic on Barra road, and for the first time I was afraid of having my mp4 on. (I learned one more thing about my run... if I don't forward songs it is because I am more focused on the run than anything else) I was also concerned by one guy on his bike, but he just passed by.

Daydreaming and feeling parts of the body were the highlights. A little pain here, another one there... the blisters are back... focusing on getting fit and losing weight... but that sun on my face was rewarding! On the way back, right after Ponte dos Franceses, I lifted my face up and let the sun shine on me, wondering at the same time how blessed I am to be there at that moment!

When I was under the shower I found myself happy(out of the blue)... and actually, it was not only because I was under the sun shower, but because I got that good and warm feeling of having been running.... you, runners, understand exactly what I mean by that, some call it the "highs".

Oh well... time to go :-)

Nenhum comentário:

Semana de 20 a 26 de março de 2023

  Esta semana foi cheia de exames: cardiológicos, de sangue, teste de esteira. Encaixei a academia e os treinos e deu tudo certo no final.  ...