
In days of rain the solution is: TREADMILL. That was my first time doing fartleks in that thing. It is boring, it is hot, there was no breeze my face, no people walking, no cars, no trees, no nothing. Cristina and I had agreed to run this morning, as it always happens when we schedule a run it WAS RAINING. No, I don't live in Seattle nor London... I live in their Brazilian twin city.
Anyway, the good parts were the talking with Cristina and a new machine that I thought was fun and weird. It has 6 programs on it and it simulates all different kinds of terrain. I mean, this is a pretty flat town. The flatestest of the flatest, so that is a good option to learn how to run in/on hills. The chubby girl beside me said that that machine is perfect for losing weight faster than the treadmill. Well, I thought about discoursing 30min on the benefits of running on the streets and getting to know your own town, and crossing run-mates (where are they???) and so on... but never mind. She was there to lose weight not to be an athlete.
Tomorrow we are running again. Hopefully not at the gym. Sincerely. I'd rather take Presidente Vargas for a change.
I'm starting to envy people that have time and good weather to run in. I'm also envying people that are fit and can run 10k without losing breath, legs and mind. The psychological barrier is back BUT I will get over it. (one day or another, before summer arrives and before my tummy starts falling over the belt)
The picture was taken by me, on that day I found out the misty spot.
3 comentários:
Hey, nice picture!
I hate treadmills... During the last winter I ran so many times on the snow, and only 3 or 4 times on the treadmill. Too boring... Rain often is not a problem to me unless it is a heavy rain. But anyway, it is always better to go to the treadmill than not run, so keep running!
Marcos,
I really don't want to practice on a treadmill again.
Thanks for the compliment on the picture. I love taking them.
Alison, have you never heard of Forrest Gump? You run come rain or shine, sleet or snow :) Seriously though, it's nice to know that you continue to keep up with your running goals.
Postar um comentário