sábado, 18 de outubro de 2008

Congratulations



Happy Eye Doctor's Day!

This image has called my attention and touched my heart. It is the innocence of the child treating a damaged eye and the strength x kindness of the horse. The way the animal trusts a little boy, the way the boy is not afraid of such big patient.

Sometimes we have to surrender, low down our barriers and let others help us. Feeling vulnerable and trusting others are not easy things in life. However, sometimes there's no other way, pals.



More on the readings...

Another image that has touched me is the one below. While I was reading Thoreau's Ktaadn (part I), I googled for that mountain pictured and it was a pleasant discovery.... Hope you enjoy it too...

By the way... Ktaadn, whose name is an Indian word signifying highest land, was first ascended by white men in 1804.





source: (1) http://www.bananatreestudios.com/images/kim_mcKisson/paintings/watercolors/eye_doctor.jpg
(2) http://faculty.pittstate.edu/~knichols/churchmount2.jpg

Nenhum comentário:

Semana de 20 a 26 de março de 2023

  Esta semana foi cheia de exames: cardiológicos, de sangue, teste de esteira. Encaixei a academia e os treinos e deu tudo certo no final.  ...