Mom gave me this ring on a Christmas Eve. It was inside of a small red velvet bag (which I still keep it in) and I was very touched by her act. This ring was given by my dad to her on their engagement day and she wore it until she was pretty old. I only wear it for Christmas. Mom had larger and longer fingers, so it is kind of loosen in me and I am afraid it may fall off.
What I recall from that Christmas Eve some years ago is that I was sort of going through very difficult times, had just realized mom and dad were getting very old, and that piece of jewelry meant a lot to them. On the way to RG, in front of Pq Sao Pedro – more precisely – I remember having cried a bit with the image of dad dancing with his daughters. If I’m not mistaken Marianna wasn’t even born yet.
Why am I talking about this? Because I saw this picture today and remembered the story about the ring. I wore something that not only dad gave mom on a special date, as their engagement might have been, but also she wore for many years (probably more than 50).
++++
HAPPY 2009 TO ALL OF US !
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário